I was just curious if it tightened the group up much.

Only 22RF's I have are 2 old H&R revolvers, a Jennings J22 (My first ever gun, never shot anymore) and a 87A Stevens.
The most accurate is the Stevens 87A, I never have tried to make it more accurate by weighing/measuring rounds for it, just kind of free floated the barrel by putting a small rubber piece under it at the screw that holds the stock on (This was a huge help) and tried different brands of ammo.

Below is a copy/paste from another forum from a few years back.

My 22 rifle, an old Stevens 87A simi-auto likes CCI minimags the best (15 shots covered by a dime at 50 yards), Followed by CCI Blazers and the Federal HollowPoints that come 550 rnds in a milk carton type box. The Blazers and federals are just a tiny bit bigger in group size.

Winchesters were not to great, 1 1/2 to 2 inches at 50 yards and Remingtons you couldnt cover them with a paper plate. That was 10 to 12 years ago so maybe the remingtons and winchesters are better now, but I will stick with buying the blazers and federals.

Never really tried any of the rest much, shot a few yellow jackets and a few stingers (about a box of each, divided up between 3 or 4 different guns, LOL, cost too much.)

Michael Grace