LongRange I also have targets that look like that, best group(5 shot) so far is 0.163 with a bunch in the 0.165- 0.167 range and my best score to date is 247 @ 100 in a score match.(came in second in my class) So personally I think they can run with the customs but the general consensus was they don't compare or even come close to the Bats, Pandas, or any other big name out there.
The general thinking being that they aren't smooth enough and operating the action upsets the rifle in the bags too much. I find that in a 10 minute string I have plenty of time to reset my position and always have time left on the clock.In score match the X is a 1/16th inch dot inside a 1/2 inch ring @ 100 and 1/8th inside 1" ring @200.
I would love to buy a custom and HAVE IT BUILT but where is the satisfaction of a DIY build that can compete when just the action cost almost as much as a whole build using the PTA.
I have been to a match where one guys stock cost as much as my whole build ($3100 mine)
What I was using was a 243 win. Criterion match barrel with Berger 105 target bullets, now if some nice weather would show up here I can go tune the new 6BR Norma X Caliber barrel and get ready for this year. This one should shoot 1:7 twist 24" full cylinder contour, heavy as all **** but should hold nice in the rest and bags.