Thread: Stockade Stock Review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Savage
    +1. I have a LA Stockade Hunter. It is hands down my favorite hunting stock for a Savage action. Light weight (30 oz). Excellent recoil management. Narrow flat forearm works well for bench work and load development. I had to sand out the barrel channel to free float a CBI light varmint contour barrel. Current using this stock with a Savage 111 LWH action and FW 280AI barrel. I taped the underside of the FW barrel and used Devcon plastic steel epoxy to rebuild the barrel channel. Used Duracoat (Underbrush) as the base paint to seal the stock. And Krylon webbing paint to add character and texture for a better grip when wet. The long wait is the only downside.

First picture was my Stockade Hunter with standard top bolt release Savage LA and 6.5 x 284 26" CBI LWV barrel. Second picture is the same Stockade Hunter stock with a Savage 111 LWH action and 23" FW 280AI SS barrel. I used Gunkote in satin black on the metal to get the luster black appearance since it also looks great with the factory walnut LWH stock. Combined weight with scope is 8 lbs as pictured with the Stockade Hunter stock and 7.5 lbs with the walnut LWH stock and metal bottom parts vs. original synthetic bottom parts.

Last edited by jpdown; 04-03-2016 at 12:40 PM.