This was our second annual Memorial Day weekend prairie doggin trip that my 11 year old son and I have been on. The bulls were up defending their territory as the pups were still in their holes. We managed to find a nice high spot overlooking the town with the wind right at our backs so we thought we had the advantage on them.

I was eager to try out the new 20 Vartarg however after letting my son have the first shot of the hunt he would not give it up. Lucky for us he was an expert marksman with it and when the first bull started his attack he quickly dispatched him.

If anyone (Mr. Hammer) tells you a 20VT is not large enough to handle the bulls then let this be proof that in capable hands it is. My son ended this assult before it started from just over 200 yards. The 32gr Vmax landed center in its chest.

Seeing I was not going to get to shoot the 20VT anytime soon I started working on the replacement bulls that were trying to sneek in from the 400+ yard range with the 6.5x55AI. Here is a picture of it behind the 20VT. My son did finally let me shoot the 20VT

Sunday morning we went in search of another town that took us on a four mile adventure on a prairie trail accross some very beautiful country. It was a wonderful trip even with having a thunderstorm popping up Sunday evening. The wind flattened our tent and we got soaked. With more thunderstorms approaching we got out of there while we could on the dirt trail and headed for home.