I built my 6mm BR Norma by buying a used, but new in box, never fired, Model 12 LRP. I immediately sold the new barrel and stock and got back all but about $300 bucks of my investment. In other words, I got a brand new action and trigger assembly for around three hundred bucks plus the effort of unscrewing a barrel. I suspect a used action would be just as good, especially if you can find an inexpensive donor gun with wear or damage that doesn't affect the action.

Then I bought a 6mm Shilen Match Select barrel and bedded the barreled action to an inexpensive Boyd's stock, which I prefer to my McMillan stock costing 6 times as much. I spotted an ad for a new-in-box scope which had never been mounted, so I saved about 450 bucks there. A pair of scope rings, and I was off to the races.

I now have a pretty nice gun on the cheap. It does well at 600 yd F class competition at our local level.

By the way, I'd forget about truing a Savage action or doing anything else, at least to start with. The floating bolt head makes it unnecessary to do much fiddling around with the bolt. Tossing a hundred and a half or more to a gunsmith for very little improvement (if any) doesn't seem worth it to me. Put that money toward a better scope.