Don't worry about the others, I'm sure they'll chime in here soon. Probably just getting ready for contest season.

Have you used a gage to check your distance to lands with whatever bullet you might be loading? If the throat is eroded in your barrel, you might be a loooong way off the lands and what you do about seating depth is more likely to effect velocity/barrel timing than bullet engravement into the lands. Just my opinion.

My barrel is barely out of warranty and has 4000+ rounds down the tube. The throat is eroded to the point that this week as I checked the distance to lands on a new Berger 73 gn BTHP match bullet I was working up a load for, and at optimal seating depth (bullet heel at the neck/shoulder junction) I was still .170 off the lands. If I tried to seat it on the lands, it'd be out of the case neck entirely.

Shot it today at 200 yds in windy conditions and two loads 1/3 grain apart and just under max grouped under 1 moa. Not a bad start.

I was loading with IMR4320 but plan to try some 8208XBR in the near future. That works really well with 69gn SMK's in my 9 twist.