Thanks for the advice kkeene! I might give it a try, depending on pricing a gunsmith could give me to do it right. It sounds like a bit much for me to be able to do with the amount of working space I have available. I'm eventually going to get a hogue stock though and i wonder if it would be better just to get their fully bedded stock and be done with it, at least until i make enough money to afford getting it glass bedded as well? It costs $100 more than the pillar bedded one and is heavier but I can deal with that if it helps with accuracy. I would rather get the pillar bedded one if it wont make any difference though. Right now i get about .70 MOA but it was a bit windy so I havent been able to really see what I can get out of it. Also if anyone knows what torque to use with aluminum bedding components and whether I need to get that bottom metal to go with the hogue that would be helpful. I think the Savage website says 30-35 inch pounds for their synthetic stock action screws but i dont think its bedded and I cant seem to find any exact numbers.