Quote Originally Posted by Drac0nic View Post
Yours is definitely better in terms of finish than mine. I'm going to try my hand at bluing it I Think! The formula I'm going to use is 5lb sodium hydroxide to 2 parts potassium nitrate to a gallon of water. I have a paint can I'm going to mix it up in and put it on a burner. Should be a real interesting experiment! I'll probably do the slide first as the frame needs more tweaking to get the grips right.

Second one is here, I used it to file the front sight down on the first one so that I could get a better idea of how high it should be. I think it's closer to the condition of yours, it actually seems to have some finish left. I may refinish anyways, it's not enough to ruin the value of it I Think.

The ejector is significantly shorter than the other gun, it seems to have had some material welded on. I think a crude repair. I had to tweak the mag from my other one (didn't come with a mag) so that it would work, but it seems fine in both guns after some effort. Some aspects of the mechanism are the same, but others (the safety/ejector block, the frame, the barrel) are not. It's definitely a series of first year production run changes.
My Safety ( Serial Number 3 thousand and low change ), the 'Button' aspect is fully round.

Your two, the left top one, looks like a little 'Ear' or something, and, the second ot bottom one, looks like it is Round but with a little flat on the side where it meets the Stocks when in "FIRE" position.

If I am correct, then, there were at least three different shape Safety 'Buttons' early on.