I also have a single shot (no mag well cut into action) savage rifle with serial number 108***. It has been rebarrelled with a full-bull barrel in 243. Therefore, I don't have any barrel markings that would help ID the manufacturing date.

What makes me curious is the first couple posts that stated that there was no record of single-shot actions made in 1967-1968...when it appears, from this post, there are at least two of them. Mine has the modern bolt face, not the recessed older version.

I bought this rifle from Gander Mountain as a used rifle...didn't know it was a single shot until I held it in my hands. I was planning on making a range rifle chambered in 6.5x55 AI. The gun appears to have had extensive work (bedding, etc.). Maybe I ought to run some 243 through it before I change it up. The 6.5 barrel I have was made with a full bull contour as well, so it's a easy change.

Does anyone else have anything they could share about this? I would greatly appreciate any information anyone could share.

Thank you,
Adam