I am pretty sure I have my vipers set up right but after getting my new weaver in it gave me room for questions. In the weaver, once zeroed, you can crank the turret to the bottom so you can use all of the internal adjustment. If I have read correctly, this is the same with the gen 2's. What I simply have done with the vipers is mount, level, zero, jump the zero..... done. At this point you stack in the shims and you wind up with what ever amount of travel happens to be left right? Like most of mine are at the second hashmark from the bottom. So that is just lost adjustment? I would need 40 moa rail to use more of it?

I am ok with that. Just like I said, if weaver had the ebr reticle at their price point, I would have ALL weaver's on my rifles. That said, I dont want to miss anything and loose out on any additional adjustment.

Even if vortex charged an extra couple hundred and put the gen 2 turret configuration on the viper 30mm just so the shooter could take advantage of all the adjustment, it would sell like crazy. I know I for one would pay extra to retro fit!