Quote Originally Posted by Russmerle View Post
I trust Harris is top quality and that every body swears by them. I just want a heavier positive locking bipod. The Harris is light and utilizes springs. Atlas is par for my course but the GG&G is more along the lines of what I'm looking for...
Have you shot with a Harris? A real one, not a knock-off?

Mine is steel, and it doesn't seem light or flimsy to me. With the mounting nut cranked down 1/4 or 1/2 turn past hand-tight, mine doesn't wobble at all. The springs are only there to hold the legs in the "up" position.

Quote Originally Posted by Russmerle View Post
Soo, I have decided that the best option for me would be the GG&G XDS Heavy Duty 8-10.5"... However, Ima gonna make one out of my scrap steel, welder and grinders I'll post a pick when I get her done. The wife is super happy about this decision lol
To each his own...

Two thoughts:

1. Having to turn knobs to tighten the leg extensions is bull****. The Harris "notched" leg extension system is waaaay better, IMHO. If you're making your own, you should go that route.

2. I can't wait to hear what your effective "hourly rate" is once you're done with this: The price of a GG&G divided by how many hours it takes you to replicate one!