Thanks for the reply. But i had the warranty info the day savage opened back up after the holidays and had the gun in the mail to grech outdoors. Lately i have called there several times to get an update. Yes i am a little anxious to have my new gun working, but they have not been the nicest to deal with. Not terrable but certainly not overly friendly. The last call i made the other the smith had done some work on the gun. I asked what the problem was and the lady said it was excessive grease, so they did some type of steam clean process to remove the excessive grease.....but then she said they also replaced the bolt, guiderail and spring. I did not get a great fealing about it cause it kind of seemed like alot of guessing. Again, im not a gunsmith and i hope im wrong cause all i want is to be returned a good working a17. So then she told me it was in the pile waiting to be test fired but she didnt know when that would be. I asked if she could call me after it was test fired and let me know when it was being mailed back. Her reply was "not likely" and she went on to tell me they were too busy to make calls like that and i should call back myself next week. So then i asked her if my 43 dollar shipping cost to send it there would be reimbersed she pretty much said theres no way they look after it but she did give me the phone number for savage canada customer service. So i called there and got a very nice polite lady. She told me they dont usually look after the cost of my shipping the gun to them, but after explaining to her how i felt about that she was very polite and said she would make some calls and see if i could get that reembirsed and call me back that day. So i was quite pleased, but that was days ago and i havnt herd back yet.

So in a nutshell my whole experiance with savage has not been great. And at this point my 43 dollar shipping cost may not seem like much, but every little bit could help to make this experiance a little better. As everyone knows our canadian dollar has gotten very weak lately, which means our gun prices have soared. Ive got over 600 with taxes in this gun only to fire 30 times and spend 43 more to mail it back.

Im having my doughts but im really trying to stay positive that i will get back a properly working, safe a17. And be a happy camper again. We will see.