Quote Originally Posted by WinnieTheBoom View Post
The belt is no different than non-belted cases, it's nothing more than a difference in design. The process is the same.

Only problem with the buy once cry once mentality with dies is that people don't fully understand how to use them.

You can buy the $250 Redding Type S competition dies with micrometer adjustments and bushing-style sizer die. Great, best on the market. Only problem is, until you understand how to use those dies correctly, there's no point in spending that money.

The RCBS die sets are what, $30 at Cabela's? And they're super easy to use. Hell, I bought that and then the Redding Comp set, and I still use the RCBS die to this day. It's just a matter of personal preference, and until you absolutely understand the ins and outs of precision reloading, there's no point in spending the money for benefits that you really won't be able to use. You will never regret having the cheaper die set laying around, even after you've become an experienced reloader.

Same goes for rifles. No point in buying the top of the line, $3k rifle when you're new to precision shooting. Granted, this is on a much smaller scale, but you'll learn exponentially more by starting out small, and working your way up rather than just going to straight to the top because of the 'buy once, cry once' mentality. For certain things, absolutely. This is not one of them IMO. Simplicity is paramount when first starting out. Once you get your bearings, then consider moving on up.
as i said i disagree with most ppl about reloading equipment but thats just my opinion.

but a question for you...what can you learn from a less expensive die or rifle than you can from high end dies or rifles? and im really not trying to be an A$$ im just wondering why you think this.