Quote Originally Posted by sureshotscott
Hey billt,

I just bought the exact same rifle, topped it with a Premiere Heritage 3-15x. Have you had any luck with your handloads? I've worked through differing charges with the Berger 210 VLD Match and Hornady 208 AMAX with disappointing results (best 5 shot 100 yard group about 1"). This is using new RWS brass and H1000 w/Wolf LRM primers. I have an older Savage 110 FP in 308 with a bedded stock that shoots groups about half that big. If you have any suggestions, please share.
I haven't had the chance to light this one up yet, and most likely won't until the cooler weather sets in around here sometime next month. It is just too non productive trying to shoot in 100+ degree temps here in Phoenix this time of year. I have another .300 Win. Mag. but it's in a sporter Remington Model 700 BDL. I've had the best luck with Sierra Matchkings in the 190 to 200 grain weights, and healthy doses of IMR 4831 powder. So most likely I'll start with something in that area. As soon as I print some groups with it, I'll post some pics and will let you know what works, and what doesn't. Bill T.