Well, as a guy that has bought 3 Savages, I completely understand the disrespect.

110 FCP-HS in 338 LM:
-Over the first 200 rounds I had one group at 0.98" and the rest between 1.03" and 1.20". Just this past week did I actually get her to shoot, and it was by swapping to a new bullet. I now love this rifle.

10 FCP-SR in 308 Win
-Didn't like any bullets or loads, not accurate
-Bolt binds up very often
-Class 2A tennon threads
-Class 1A muzzle threads
-Completely worthless DBM
-Accustock has a drop in the comb for the use of iron sights, which none of these rifles have
-Accustock requires weird recoil lug that only exists to fit over 2A threads even though all aftermarket barrels are 3A
-Accutrigger catastrophic failure last time I took it out. I need to figure out what parts are missing so I can get the rifle to fire again.
-Smoothe barrel nut. WHY?!
-0 MOA rail included, so you pay extra for a rail you get to replace
-Doesn't feed from AICS 223 mags after 223 conversion

11 Trophy Hunter XP in 223 Rem
-1:9 barrel twist
-Axis magazine
-Axis bolt parts
-Junk stock
-Doesn't work with CDI bottom metal
-Bottom bolt release for no ****ing reason at all
-Smooth barrel nut
-1 MOA on a good day

Honestly, until Tuesday, I hadn't seen a Savage shoot decent. Now I have seen two good three round groups. None of them function worth a **** except for the 110 which is flawless and smoothe. The Trophy Hunter action is as good as getting slapped in the face and the FCP-SR action is as good as falling down a flight of stairs and into a tiger pit and then being lit on fire and pooped on. It is a total piece of junk and anyone that bought that rifle and then swore off Savage for life would be completely warranted to do so.

I understand that a lot of you guys see how a Savage could be great, if you dodge the minefield of terrible models that you know to avoid. You guys know which parts to throw out and how to go about upgrading them. But from the outside looking in, if you buy a new rifle and you can't get a cartridge from the magazine into the chamber, you aren't going to like that company. When I was trying to get that FCP-SR to work, I got ragged on by all my friends at the range. Like 10 guys swore off Savage after seeing how that thing functions. I thought I had it ready to go last week, and then the accutrigger fell apart.

I appreciate the 338 I have and if it continues to shoot sub half MOA, I'll keep her forever and go through barrels and tell everybody how wonderful it is. But the other two... WTF Savage. Get your act together.