Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
Nice picture, Rob. Looks like they changed the profile a bit too, in addition to a new tip material. Wonder if the new tip by itself didn't have the effect they were looking for, so they redesigned it for a longer, slimmer profile. I guess we'll never know how much the B.C. improvement is related to tip material and now much is profile/aspect ratio related.

Thinking about it a little, and based upon my knowledge of aircraft, the tip of a bullet thats going Mach 3 has to be seeing temps of at least 500 degrees F albeit very briefly. I wonder what kind of thermoset plastic can withstand that kind of temperature AND be moldable too?

Any physicists in the group that want to chime in?
Actually you do know how much the new tip alone changed things. They tested the old AMAX with the old tip and new tip and the old tip BC average to 800 yards was around .545 and with just the new tip it was at .588, which is where it should be from their old 200 yard testing and what the AMAX was listed as on their page. So the tip did make a difference alone but the new ELD line was redesigned as well to raise the BC more.