Took my son to the range today. It was completely empty. Love it when that happens, but I was honestly expecting a lot of folks there. Weather wasn't the best, but actually pretty good for shooting since we have a cover over our 300 yd. rifle range benches. Light rain, light wind and I was working two new rounds through my "new" Savage 11 in .308, with my son's help. We were also field testing the new Apex Tactical replacement trigger and spring kit for my SD40VE.

I'm happy to report they both did great. The new trigger and spring kit made my SD40VE shoot better than my old Glock 22 service-issue sidearm, and it functions perfectly and shoots very well. My son loves shooting that gun.

Two new loads through the Savage today - Prvi Partisan 150's and Federal (blue box) 150's. They both shot well, but the Serbian ammo really shined. I'm not surprised, as I've had great luck with it in the past. It gave me the best group to date with the model 11 - measuring under 0.7" at 100 yards - basically a wide, ragged hole.

Still not happy with the old Luepold Vari-X II 3-9x40 scope I have on it though. Not nearly sharp enough for my tastes. Ordered a Sightron today, so I look forward to mounting and shooting that.

All in all, a great day at the range. Anytime my son is home and can shoot with me is a great time.