I build one for my wife based on a 111 http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/au...0Hunter?sort=3
bought a 270win, took barrel off, ordered a Krieger 5R 6.5 (this one is a 6.5x55SE), had it profiled to match contour. Put a
Seekins Precision ATC on the 1/2x28, which I opened to 7.2mm (or .284" which, in my opinion, is ideal .020" over the bullet diameter opening) until ThunderBeast Ultra-9 will go on it. Bedded Action (Acraglass). Replaced bolt handle. Barrel is 20" to maintain balance and was cerakote (5R from Krieger only come in SS). Farrell 0MOA base. Burris XTR rings. Bushnell 6500 with DOA glass.
Breaking in took a bit longer than I expected, about 70 rounds until she settled good. it throws 123gr + pills out at sub MOA. did NOT like 85gr bullet at all (surprising a bit, as I was able to get some accurate shooting at 100-200m with 85s in the past from different modern rifles) and I subsequently gave up trying to find a load for it and just moved on to a heavier bullet.
Wife is hunting WhiteTail with this in WI with a 123gr SST handloads which she printed at about 1/2" on paper with ease. Got her a pair of 10rd magazines - little lip work, but now functions great. did not need to open up a bolt at all - takes any and all brass as is. Fits her PERFECT and aside from a trigger I am 150% happy with a finished product.
For a short LOP - this is a great choice (LadyHunter).