Quote Originally Posted by WinnieTheBoom View Post
It's been well-documented that the Savage F-Class team(s) use factory F/TRs. Granted, I'm sure they're probably from the custom shop, but it's hard to argue with the accuracy of a Savage. As others have pointed out, it's the black sheep of the rifle shooting world. The RPR just happens to have the 'latest and greatest' rifle to release, but it's inevitable now that other companies will follow suit.

Think about it. Both of my Savages will shoot ragged holes from 1-300 yards, and they'll hold an MOA out to 500 and beyond. There's just not much there to improve on. I don't care if you go out and buy an RPR or build a full custom rig for $8k, that's your prerogative. But I'm going to smile and laugh at you when it won't outshoot my 'cheap' Savage.
Custom Shop?
You mean Special order shop? It's my understanding they don't have a custom shop but instead have a special order shop that will mix and match off the shelf parts.
FTR's are factory offerings and it's my understanding they are off the rack rifles.

Most any firearms site is gonna have brand loyalists. Though I have multiple brands and platforms I am a rabid Savageaholic.
One of my favorite things to do is put tiny groups on paper with a factory sporter hunting rifle and some good hand loads tuned for it. Even better if it's an old flatback sporter that has some spray paint on it, some JB weld between the action and the stock, and a piece of music wire from the hardware store on the trigger. This quite often results in amusing antics, excuses and rhetoric from those that are convinced that all it takes is cash.
Opinions are like armpits (or something like that) everybody has em and everybody elses stinks.
You cant fix what is broken on the internet and you'll go crazy if you try.