Savage is a "extremely progressive" company which means they fiddle and fidget trying to get interchangeability...which means there are lots of iterations on EVERY PART...ALSMOST.In 2013-14 Savage changed some of the stock mag cutouts and the 375 Ruger has a mag cut out similar in shape to what the Axis has....so you have a couple of designs to "contain"...and the Axis stock has a plastic part for the mag to engage that is held in place with the front stock screw.( I made an alum part to replace it) On top of that the earlier wood models had a "bottom" metal piece that surrounds and supports the mag that required a slightly larger and different shaped cut out. The first stock Boyd's sent me was for the earlier models for use with the extra and very pricey part...I used the online ordering setup which DIDN'T include the latest Savage stock iterations...so I took pictures, emailed them to Boyd's and sent back the stock...the returned finished stock was "perfect" within reason...I lined my 375 Ruger, 375 x 62 Axis sock and Lapua up to see just "Whatthehellandwhy"...the Lapua's mag cutout looks very similar to the "earlier" model except it fits in flat instead of being inletted but I didn't take it apart to be sure...basically a metal support surrounding the mag just like the earlier models...BUT the stock bolt holes DID/DO line up...the mag is longer and narrower. I'm about to do a trigger job maybe later on this week when the weather actually DOES CHANGE and will take some pics.I have the same questions as you as I want to walnut Boyd's stock for my Lapua, I just haven't found that "round tuit" to get started. The Tupperware stock on the BA isn't all that bad either one you relieve to barrel channel with enough room so squeezing doesn't cause metal/plastic contact.You can also checkout Richards semi finished stocks...I've used many of them also and they are much thicker around the mag cutout for better support and you can have them do their "fat stock" treatment.