Quote Originally Posted by RW
dcloco where do you get the Danzac/Ws2 and at what cost? and after coating is this better than moly? and does it clean up the same as moly? also do you feel these coatings reduce throut errosion any more or is is just for barrel life and is accurCY AFFECTED AT ALL? RW
Believe it helps quite a bit, across the board. WS2 can be ordered out of Canada. Just buy a pound and share...you are money ahead.

Have in excess of 2000 rounds thru my prairie dog 223 AI (the one that always goes on the trips). I keep COAL records in my index cards for loads for individual rifles. This one has a 0.005" longer throat now. I shoot everything from 50/55/69/75's through this rifle.

The REAL test for me, the 338 RUM that I built my hunting partner for long range shooting. Rock 32" barrel running 300 gr Sierra Match Kings at 2950 fps for just over 1000 rounds now. Borescoped six weeks ago and it is still running strong. THIS, I believe, is proof that this stuff works.

WS2 cleans a lot easier than moly. Couple of wet patches, dry patch out, and you are done. I routinely go 500 to 1000 rounds in the 223 AI before I clean it.

Also of note, you do have to add 0.1 to 0.3 grains more powder to achieve the same velocity as nekid bullets.

If anybody is using HBN, please comment as well. Application technique is the same.