Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
Sweet guns, always was curious how the 338 shot, how is the recoil more or less than the 06? If they shoot that good with factory ammo than your in pretty good shape. I am picking up a Hog Hunter in .223 pretty soon and also am going to trow it in a B&C, have you taken a look at the bedding block to see if the action is making an imprint of any kind? I assumed they put an aluminum block in there so the action will kind of work its way in with proper torque.
Thanks, man. It's interesting, if I shoot them back to back, as I did today, the .338 feels noticeably more stout, but it isn't sharp, or punishing. The rifle moves you more, and your shoulder feels it a little more, but for the 1000 ft. lbs. of energy difference at the muzzle, the difference in felt recoil is surprisingly minimal. I shot the factory stock, the factory stock with lead weights in the butt for balance, and the B&C... the B&C just feels night and day to me. Apparently fiberglass stocks transmit less energy to the shooter, I can't really verify that, but that seems to be the claim. I can, however, attest to the recoil pad, weight, and fit differences that make the .338 just feel so much more tame. Basically, if you didn't tell me it was a .338 Win Mag, I wouldn't ever guess it. And that's with 250's... I have every intention of using 210-225gr TTSX loads with it for black bear, so the recoil should be further decreased.

I haven't looked at the bedding block yet, but I distinctly remember a video from 8541 Tactical, where he said his aluminum bedded stock ended up mating to the action after several hundred rounds. I think I've only got 40 rounds through this rifle with the B&C, though.

And for accuracy, I could not be happier. To get that accuracy from the '06 out of off-the-shelf ammo, that also has excellent characteristics for hunting, is just perfect. I look forward to getting better ammo through the .338, and seeing how it acts. It's certainly steadier with the extra pound of meat on it, and I expect good things.