Quote Originally Posted by darkker View Post
Being able to run long bullets at mag length, without killing powder capacity while in a short action. Second is the fact that there are several choices of good hunting AND match ammo available for the Creedmoor.
Don't think match ammo was ever available for the 260, but Remington is world famous for being able to screw-up a wet dream....

If anyone throws the "quality brass" argument out there, I'll remind the court of 2 things. 1) Federal and there seemingly endless stream of soft headed 308 cases. 2) they don't Pressure test, or understand Pressure/velocity. So running wildly over Pressure, but " hey it didn't blow-up " is the definition of quality brass.

One has, for all intents and purposes, zero factory ammo support. The other has quality ammo for anything you may want to do, covering the full range of bullet weights. Which of these choices "sounds" more intelligent? That is really the question, because there isn't a nickels worth of difference besides.
Where do you get this wild, crazy idea that people are over-pressuring their brass? Who would be so foolish and ignorant? Surely no one here!

Exhibit A

At no time was this .204 Ruger case exposed to excessive pressure. Nope, never...so help me Joe Pesci!

This was actually a case of an overload due to a partial charge hanging up in the powder measure that I didn't catch.
No Savage's were destroyed in the making of this .204 Ruger Belted Magnum - only the ejector spring needed replacing.