I have what I would consider a decent amount of knowledge pertaining to savage actions/builds. I have built several rifles for myself and friends with good results.

My question is what certificate/license do you need for selling guns you "piece together" as in action/match barrel/stock etc. My local ffl would sell them there if I chose but mostly it would be for those people who see what I've built and ask if I can build something similar for them. (My ffl owns a gun shop)

I enjoy building guns as a hobby and have no current intention of making a career out of it. But I also think my time would be worth something.

Also what do you do as far as liability is concerned? Establish "company name" and make it a LLC?

Like I said this would be for a hobby and just building guns like I've built already. No gunsmithing other guns etc.

The actions would most likely be bought off here or from Jim at NSS and transferred to the actual buyer of the gun via my ffl.

Thank you hafejd30, live in Michigan if that makes a difference

In the research I've done I've seen that I would need an ffl and no further certified experience but I'm not sure if this is correct. If so I could do transfers through myself.