Thread: Boyd's Pro Varmint Need Advice on Installing Pillars

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Hey, Mill, I apologize. I meant no disrespect toward you or your opinion.

Boyds gets beat up here quite a bit for this problem. They are aware of the complaints. There might be an inexpensive "fix" to the "problem" that an ingenuitive mind can solve, I don't know.

I said what I said because it is a subject that has been covered here many times and I believe the solution is exactly what I said. Quality stocks cost a lot of money because they require skilled craftsman to build, and the process is very time consuming. Boyds has put a world of hurt on a lot of traditional gunsmiths and stock makers who produce quality products worthy of their relatively high price but beyond the reach of what many sportsmen are willing to spend. Gun stocks appear to be nothing more than a hunk of wood sanded smooth and nicely finished but grossly overpriced. Well, sometimes appearances can be misleading. Perhaps the quality pieces produced by companies such as Sharp Shooter Supply are, indeed, worthy of their price.

Too often, I think, people here say they would "gladly pay more for a better product" . Obviously they mean they would gladly pay a LITTLE more for a better product. I am simply countering that sentiment with my own, which is "I am happy with the product, I can make the necessary changes myself, please don't raise your prices..."

The REASON is say that is, even if they improve/strengthen the product, I am still going to want to bed and pillar it... When I do that, I will correct the problem. I don't want them to charge me even $20 to fix what I can fix myself when bedding and pillaring. I see it as an unfinished product that I am glad is made available to me and an affordable price.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum. Didn't mean to flame you. Really.
    Last edited by foxx; 08-07-2015 at 11:42 AM.