A lot of folks don't like brakes for various reasons but I am a huge fan. I love the recoil reduction they provide and even love the Savage adjustable radial style brake. Have quite a few braked rifles and have never experienced a scope failure I would attribute to a brake. I can tell you what scopes have worked for me and I assure you none of them are $night$force$
Man I have had an older made in USA Burris Fullfield 2 4.5-14x42 0n my .300 RUM (braked) for several years of informal target shooting before I used it as a backup on an Alabama deer hunt and blew a couple of deer to smithereens with it as we say in the south a purty fer piece out. After that I decided it was too much gun for hunting in the Southeast U.S. and put the scope on a 22-250. It's been a darn good scope that's handled quite a bit of harsh recoil and never let me down. I have had a Leupold vari x2 on a 116FLCSAK in 30-06 that has seen a bazillion rounds and the only time it has ever lost zero was when I dropped it 24' out of a tree. It shot 1/2" left at 100 after that. I re zeroed it and It's been dead on ever since. I have a model 10PC with a locally made radial style brake on it and a model 10 TR with a JP Benny Cooly brake and they are both topped with the newer Burris E1 3-9x40s. In my opinion the newer Burris E1s are the best bang for the buck that I have run across in optics. I have a little .308 lightweight knock around farm carbine that has an ASK research brake on it that's wearing a second hand Vortex Diamondback. A braked 111 in .270 with a Redfield Revolution. and those are just the Savages. I have 2 more braked Remingtons in magnum calibers wearing a Baush and lomb 3200 and a leupold VX3 and a DPMS LR308 with a JP tank style wearing a cheap Vortex.
If Nikon is trying to blow smoke up your skirt about a brake tearing up your scope then I don't have a clue what to think about them as a company.
About the best bang for the buck I have found in the last couple of years is the Burris E1. It comes with a forever warranty I have never needed, is very bright and clear even in low light and tracks very very well.

PS Might want to ask Nikon if you are allowed to put your rifle on your shoulder when you fire it since that absorbs recoil and slows the rearward motion so quickly. :)