All,
I just purchased a Savage 111 300WM w/ top bolt release, side button detachable box magazine, and small shank barrel. My main purpose for this rifle was to build a good range/competition rifle capable of 1k yard precision shooting in F-class competition. I went with savage because I know they are accurate guns w/ easy to install barrels (I will pick up the headspace gauges when the time comes)...

Question #1: The rifle stock options are few and far between for the long action DBM rifles... Choate was my best option until I found out they don't make one for long action DBM. Because my stock options are few and far between; I've also realized the issue of guaranteeing the stock I do purchase fits a varmint or bull contour barrel. Do you have a tactical stock in mind (thick upright palm swell, aluminum bedding block) that would work with my rifle?

Question #2: I am a fan of Criterion and heard Shilen barrels are also good but the ordering process for both is pretty complicated... Are there any barrel manufacturers out there that make high quality barrels available in a point, click, add to cart and buy format?

I need some of you trendsetters to help me out. If you've had any experience with this, please share. I know I need to measure receiver bolt spacing, and to ensure the barrel shank is correct (mine is a savage small (standard) shank size)....