You can do a lot of that yourself.

Easy to chop and crown a barrel. You can rent a crown tool.

A can is expensive, like $800 so maybe do that part later but if you mount a Clifton XS scout base on the barrel that and the sight may need to come off to thread it so maybe have the barrel shortened and threaded first.

Get a rear mounted peep sight that attaches to the rear scope mount holes or a very low profile rail. Thats easy.

Get a band front sight with the correct height set up for the peep sight above. They have them at midwayusa.

Solder it on or glue it on with JB weld. Both are easy. A front sight can get banged around so probably better to solder it on. I am going to try JB weld on a front sight on a Mauser soon to see how long it lasts.

Use a Clifton XS sight rail. I just set up a modified swiss K-31 rifle with one and it was not designed for that rifle. Get the right barrel base diameter and you should be good to go. Glue it on with JB weld and make sure its square to the bore before it sets. You may need to shim it temporarily. You will have to hog out a lot of the stock to get the XS mount to clear. Not hard with a sharp wood gouge chisel, just takes a while. Might be tricky getting it set up on the barrel so you can still loosen the barrel nut. You would need space and a custom barrel nut wrench. One of the larger I.D. Mauser XS rails should fit.

On JB weld glue, a good reason to use it is if you heat it up to about 500-600 degrees you can remove it. Turns to putty when hot.

That said reasonably priced good scout scopes are lacking and I wish Vortex would make one.
The leupolds are about the best at around $500. I think Leopold makes a variable scout scope.

CDI bottom metal and mag is expensive.
That said magpull will be selling 308 AICS magazines for sub $40.

You can hack an Axis mag with a G3 magazine and end up with a cheaper 10 round magazine. That is what I am doing.

You can read here.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_5/421...formation.html