To be perfectly honest, I have never even heard of cast bullets for this type of rifle, nor making them myself. I made lead sinkers for fishing when I was a kid, so I don't expect it would be whole lot different, with the exception of needing to be just a tad bit more precise. I still think that for me, though, at least for now, just getting the standard rounds at the store, when I can find them, will be what I stick with. If I didn't care about my rifle I could buy dozens of boxes of the bi-metal junk, like I had with the two boxes, as Walmart has that quite often, but I won't abuse my rifle with that garbage. I do occasionally find them with some decent FMJ or FMJ-BT known brand stuff for a decent price. The five boxes of American Eagle 55gr FMJ I got last time were about $7 per box. Not the cheapest, but a lot better than the two boxes of Winchester Soft Point that I paid $20 per box for two boxes when I bought the rifle. That's all they had, and I at least wanted something. I don't really mind waiting until I catch them with something to buy, as I'm not in dire need of the ammo. I still have about 150 rounds, not counting the bi-metal junk. That will last me for quite some time. Of course, if I had a semi auto, like an AR15 or something, that wouldn't last long, at all. I also counted last night and I have exactly 700 rounds of 22LR, not counting nine rounds of rat shot. I don't know how the exact 700 came to be as all of my boxes of .22LR have some used from them. I guess just sheer luck. And boy, that Winchester round nose stuff is DIRTY!

I do find the cast bullets interesting, though, and will definitely read up on them. It may be something that I would enjoy, as well, as I am a hands on person and like to do things of all sorts. Also, I have neighbors that shoot as well, and they hunt, too. They wouldn't be bothered by my shooting. Again, I just have to make sure that no one is in the area that I am going to be shooting in. There is an area on the edge of a field where a creek runs by that creates a nice earthen backdrop, so that's a good thing.