Well, I finally brought the new kid home. It's too early for pics since I now have to select the correct scope base mount and rings for the new Vortex 6.5-20 x 50 Viper scope I got to put on top of it. Vortex makes really fine scopes for the money and this one has the mil dot reticle, so it should be great out to 600 yards or so. Of course, I'm not capable of that but I know this rig will be. I picked up 30 mm rings but finding the right base is becoming a problem. These salespeople at the gun store really don't know much so I texted Vortex to see if they could help. Can't wait to christen her. I'll just spend today cleaning the bore since it's raining and I don't want to get the new girl wet just yet!

Also put a Savage Model 555 .410 O/U shotgun on layaway. Been looking for a .410 to shoot skeet with and this one fits the bill. The wood they put on these Turkish imports is actually stunning for the price point - $679. It should be fun for doves on the treeline next fall, too. Last year's crop of gun mag reviews of this shotgun were positive enough for me to bite.

bobbyj