Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
H4350 is the go to powder in the 260...IMR4350 works well and a buddy of mine is using AA4350 with great results...H4831sc is another accurate powder...i have IMR 4831 but have never tried it in my 260...RL-22 and norma MRP work well to...ive shot a lot of different powders in my 260 and always seem to end up back to the RL-17.

and you are correct...consistency is the key.
I think for time being I'll stick with the one powder/primer set up and see just how tight I can tune the groups with adjusting seating depth and powder charge. The 129gr ABLR's were chosen because aside from trying to make steel go ding occasionally I will still use the rifle for hunting. From some loose, very tentative calculations at 600 (the absolute max range I have open FOV on and WAY beyond my current capabilities) assuming 2850 MV on the 129's I would still have enough velocity (1954) to ensure the projectile "opens" and enough energy (1093) to provide a clean kill. I don't see myself ever shooting at an animal past 400 unless I have proven to myself I can hit a 6" gong very reliably at that range; as in 9 times out of 10 in a multitude of weather conditions. Of course... a pound of 4350 and a box of 100 bullets will likely be gone pretty quickly; will have to assess where things are at then.