Quote Originally Posted by dk17hmr View Post
Match the reticle to the adjustment. Its much easier to measure with the reticle to make adjustments that way. Like already stated 1/4 MOA is .25" roughly and .1 mil is .36" at 100 yards......I don't know many people (other than my friends that shoot benchrest) that can hold .11" difference at 100 or 1.1" at 1000 yards. I shoot both MILs and MOA at extreme distance and if anything MILs is easier for me.
If its easier for you then that makes sense... for me though it would seem if MOA converts much closer/easier to inches on target (1" at 100, 2" at 200 etc.) it would be easier to adjust groups on paper than trying to do the inches off target to mil conversion...

If you have a moa reticle/moa adjustments (yes, I know the difference is .11" and for all intents and purposes is nominal) which are finer than a mil/mil set up and the angle subtends closer to a linear inch at known distances... for the beginner to longer range shooting (like me) would seem that MOA would be an easier place to start