Most modern presses have the 7/8 - 14 threads and will interchange most dies (except for the oddballs as someone stated above). The 30-06 factory crimp die will NOT crimp the 308. I have both dies and the length is different. I would just pony up the cash and get the Deluxe die set and buy the Factory Crimp die seperate. Thats what I have done with all of my sets. Also remember that the Pacesetter Seating die has the crimp built into the seating die and the Deluxe set's seating die does not. I think the deluxe seating dies is much simpler to set up and when used with the Factory crimp die you get a more uniform crimp because case length doesn't matter as much to the Factory Crimp die, in case you get some variances in your brass lengths.
As stated above it is unnecessary to crimp you rifle bullets (unless using in a pump, lever gun, or auto loader) but I found my 12FV 308 Win. seemed to shoot better with a slight crimp from the Factory Crimp die. Don't know why but who am I to argue with results ;D . Most of my other calibers do not get a crimp, but i have the dies anyway, cuz u just never know.