Thread: Are Seekins Scope Rings Really Worth the $$$?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BigDave
    Quote Originally Posted by Russmerle View Post
    Are you going to post a pic of all your goodies? I like seeing other members builds...
    Are you kidding? Heck, yes! This took months of planning and weeks and weeks of purchases trickling in via UPS/USPS etc. I still need to:

1) Whack a bit off the front of my EGW rail so I can slide my scope back to give me a better (perfect) eye relief. The bell is touching the unused forward overhang of the rail. Cutting the overhang off will allow me perfect scope positioning for eye relief.
    I got some Birchwood Casey black paint/cold bluing stuff today. (also rented and shot a suppressed full auto .45ACP Mac-10 at the same gun store.range...ho, ho very cool). I will finish the rail and scope mounting tomorrow. Holland scope anti cant needs to be installed too.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/122...t-device-matte

2) Wait until my Atlas Bipod comes in a few days. I have the rail already mounted. All I need to do is use the QD and click it in place.

3) My MDT FDE poly mag will be here Monday or Tuesday. That will help showcase the spare mag holder on my Modular Stock Pack by Triad. The Stock Pack is basically fitted. I just need to hot knife the excess straps is all.
    http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-L...k-TT-4400.html
    check out the 11 photos in this link. I got a moveable ammo strip and a moveable spare mag holder for this system.

4) I hope to be shooting photos of the gun at the range for initial Zero by Wed/Thusday...Today is Sunday.

5) My 200 rounds of FEDERAL GMM 168gr should be here Monday.

It will all come together next week. The scope will be totally mounted and the rail trimmed and painted by late Sunday. Everything after that is just waiting for parts and ammo.

Finding time for the Savage build is hard. I went to a gun show today and got 500rnds Fiochi 124 gr 9mm to get ready for my first 3 gun competition. I got my custom self built AR and the tricked out Glock 100% ready. Gonna borrow a shotgun for now.

I am OK. Not great. Some days good. Usually never worse than OK. I often do better than the young guys and I am 58 with a frigging carbon fiber right leg below the knee!
    Last edited by BigDave; 03-29-2015 at 03:48 AM.