Quote Originally Posted by darkker View Post
As to your original question:

I'm glad you spent enough money on what you wanted to make yourself happy though.

Cheers
I always try to spend the least amount of money to make me happy/satisfied. I am very happy with my $800 Savage. A $4,500 AICS or GA Precision rifle would not make me proportionally happier.

Would my Weaver rings have done the job? IDK. They did NOT install any degree of confidence. I would always wonder about them. I try to buy things that someone obviously took some pride in designing and making. That is MY nature. Is is practical. IDK. Maybe yes,maybe no.
That is why it is a hobby. I get to choose the things that make me pleased with in reason. A rifle costing almost 4k is not with in my line of reasoning. Precision made rings by someone that I know fairly well by reputation (Mr Seekins) that I could well afford is my choice and the choice of many others. So are cheaper Weaver rings for so many buyers.

Sorry to apologize. I had issues with MY (not yours, mind you. I can not comment you YOUR rings) out spec sloppy fit of the Weaver rings. The cross bolt on both sets I bought (medium and Low) were quite undersized for a Picatinny Rail resulting in excessive slop. Had that not been the case I would have kept them.

I am happy that something far less expensive than what I bought makes all you happy. Honestly, I was expecting that to be the case for me. It was not even close. Lucky I can do a very easy return via Amazon.

I admit..in the end, I did pretty well buying things on a budget for this project. I am talking about a wide variety of purchases from .30 caliber Dewey rods, Parker Hale Jags, rifle case (NC Star of all companies..simply awesome made in China case...very well made!) and shooting mat, bipod, stock pack and more (from Triad Tactical).

I had over 95% instant satisfaction with my first choices. I ended up returning and upgrading only two items, my optics and my rings.

1)Falcon Menace (tracking issues) returned and upgraded to a Bushnell (awesome scope!)
2)Weaver rings (sloppy fit my EGW rail, low quality low torque steel cross bolt) returned and upgraded to Seekins rings( value far beyond what I paid). IMO, of course. I would never in a million years be able to even comment about these rings unless I had actually held them in my hand and mounted them. Just sayin.