Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder Scale Upgrade

The first throw is usually off.
    Use a straw from Mcdonalds and insert it into the dispenser tube. Cut it to the length of the closed portion of the dispensing tube. There are some guys making an aluminum reducer for the dispenser tube that is a hot item.

More better explanation of mods.
    http://www.primalrights.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4585
    ...and another take.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-DRJCL0D3A

D.ID
    I've bean using the hornady (much cheaper copy of the chargemaster) for two+ years ,
    In that time: I figured out the very simple trickler adjustment they conveniently incorporated into it so it never overthrows (don't need a straw) even with the worst of the worst stick powders, cut my loading time by about 1/2 or better because I can't seat bullets as fast as the next charge is prepared and consistently group tighter than ever in the accuracy department.

I've bean using the hornady (much cheaper copy of the chargemaster) for two+ years
    Now you tell us.

Basic Member
    Well, to update this thread I ended up buying a Hornady balance beam, but I believe ya'll have ultimately talked me into a Chargemaster. My plan is to use the Hornady while I save for the CM. I figured I would always want a beam scale around for a backup anyways and I came to the conclusion that If I'm going to spend the money for a quality digital scale, I might as well go all the way and get a Chargemaster. Now to unload this Lee.....

n4ue
    Arrrrg! Murphy struck (again)!

I don't know why I do this to myself..... Shortly after commenting how much I enjoy my Chargemaster and have had ZERO problems loading thousands of rounds, it decided to crap the bed.
    I noticed that the top row of buttons (1,2,3) were not working. However, as a retired EE, I've had more than my share of 'fun' with membrane keyboards.
    So, since it wasn't working anyway, I disassembled it and reseated the keyboard connector.
    Presto, back to normal.
    Gotta love the "VOID" seal. Too cool.
    Maybe this is just my unit, but I put a sticker on my unit, reminding me to check the weight after the 'beep' and 'round count'. Sometimes, it will beep, but then the weight might show a small difference from the desired setting. Rare, but I watch for it now.....

I STILL love this scale/dispenser. It's fun to use.

ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12