Quote Originally Posted by earl39 View Post
Scopes are not designed to correct vision, even tho they will correct some problems, they are designed to magnify and correct the distortion caused by it's own lenses
Correct. Scopes will correct or aid SOME problems. The adjustable diopter allows me to not have to use my 2.75 power readers. I keep the readers handy when I need to read the turret values. I cant even read my smart phone with the big screen! But I can get a scope reticle crystal clear with just my naked eye if it has enough adjustment in the objective.

But you are correct that scopes dont correct for things like astigmatism and guys who cant see distant objects with out glasses.

My distance is still pretty good. I have mild astigmatism. My red dot scopes are more like a star than a dot now. But I dont need glasses to see pretty well other than reading.

My eyes get tired pretty fast now is what I find. Members here are telling me that eye fatigue (age) can be helped by using good glass PLUS the larger 34-35mm tube.
So, that is another factor where scopes can aid failing vision.

Why is it that only ONE ocular of binoculars has an adjustable diopter? It has something to do with the prism, right?