Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
Ahhh! Thank you all for the replies. I am usually good at finding my own answers. For some reason this whole concept escaped me.

Unfortunately the very best optics I can currently afford are Japan coated glass of good (not excellent quality) Chinese one piece 30mm tube and internals of good quality and U.K. assembly of good quality. The price point is right. SWFA simply replaces the scope for any warranty issues. Its a little known company here in the USA, but popular in Europe. Falcon.

I could have bought a Millet with a 35mm tube but I hear they still have a lot of QC issues. One scope will be fine and the next will be a paper weight...tracking issues, etc. Supposedly Falcon has better glass and QC. SWFA seemed to agree with my choice and didnt try to sway me one bit. So, we shall see...

I bought this scope and reticle today:

Falcon Menace 5.5-25x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - FALM2550B

• Matte
  • First Focal Plane B20 Reticle
  • 30mm
  • Side Focus
  • 1/10 MIL Target Knobs
  • Comes with Sunshade and Flip Up Covers

$449.95 + shipping from TX to FL was expensive..around $16, I think. Ground. I wont see it this week I think. I cant order rings until I measure it up on my rifle. I want it as low as humanly possible.

Even though its a 25 power scope, i figured it would be usable at 20 power and below. It needs to do double duty as a spotting scope for now too. Some day I will sell it and get a Bushnell HDMR G2 reticle scope. This one:

It has a 34mm TUBE :D
Bushnell Elite Tactical G2 FFP Reticle Riflescope, 3.5-21x50mm

by Bushnell

12 customer reviews

| 12 answered questions

List Price: $2,119.95
Price: $1,219.99 & FREE Shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Tacti...=bushnell+hdmr
let us know how you like it...and if your going to lay down that kinda money on a scope some day id suggest you spend a few more bucks and get a nightforce or a vortex over a bushnell...just MHO.