Saw Cabela's ad for the Savage 10T last month and I just happened to be in the market for a .308 bolt rifle. $539 was pretty hard to beat, an then you add on the $50 off coupon, $200 in Cabela's bucks, and a $100 rebate for a rifle, so after all was said and done I got a 5R 24" rifle for less than $250. Had it out 4 times now and I am getting it dialed in. Vortex Viper 6-24x50 sits on top. A load of 4064 and some 168gr Sierra Match Kings seem to be the ticket so far, and I have my dope set out to 400yds.

Didn't like the 4 round mags so I started looking around and found out Sharp Shooter Supply made some but didn't see any on their website. Looked around and found some for $80-100 on auction sites. Spendy. Then I remembered that one of the other Savage rifles in the rack at Cabelas had an extended magazine. So I called Savage and spoke with the CS rep, gave them my serial number, and she gave me a product code for a 10 round DBM that would fit it. She asked if I would like one, and I ordered two.

They arrived the other day. Savage made and Savage crest on the bottom. $58 each, $131 for two including shipping.

Feeds and functions well. The longer mag is easier to rock into place. Couldn't get it to sit low in the rear like the 4 round mags do when you insert them incorrectly, which is good. Plain Jane rifle, but it shoots well out to 400 so far. Next weekend I'll try out to 500.

Searched their website using the SKU on my receipt and it doesn't show. The SKU I have is 110570.