First a little history. I started shooting and reloading about 40 years ago when I was 14 years old. Not having anything to hunt where I live and no rifle range I quit the sport for 38 years. A couple years ago I got the itch to take a trip to South Dakota and try my hand at prairie dog hunting. I had a Remington 788 in 223 so I thought the perfect companion would be a Savage model 12VLP in 204 Ruger. I bought one, mounted a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20 and headed to the range with some factory ammo. Oh, did I mention that 7 years ago I sold (more like gave away) all my reloading stuff. There were some guys shooting long range with a caliber I had never heard of, a 6mmbr. To make a long story short I made one from a Savage PTA HS Precision stock and a Pac Nor barrel. Boy did it shoot. While forgetting about my poor lonely 204 I also built a 20 VarTarg out of a Savage PTA, HS Precision and a Pac Nor barrel. It shoots every bit as well as the 6BR. Now back to the #$!&% 204!!! I have restocked my loading stuff that I gave away at 20 times the price I sold it for and started to try and get this 204 to shoot. I have tried 5 different powders and I do not know how many different combinations of bullets and powder charges never getting a group better than ¾ to 1 inch at 100 yards. My two PTA based rifles would do that after 5 minutes of load development. Did I mention that I have Sightron scopes on my 6BR and 20VT. Jumping forward to yesterday. I decided to try some Ramshot Tac in the 204. I loaded up 6 different recipes and headed to the range and set everything up, adjusted the side focus on the Zeiss so the target was nice a clear like I always had and for some reason noticed that I had quite a bit of parralax. I adjusted it so the parallax was minimal but now the target was slightly blurry. I fired my new recipes and wow, no flyers. Nice tight groups for the very first time. I had some rounds of an old recipe that had not shot well from a previous trip and shot all five rounds into the tiniest hole I have ever shot. It sure was nice to finally remove my head from my rectum and realize that these factory Savages really do shoot! :-[