So far I've only used 120 Aluminum oxide at 90PSI. It gives a slightly rough texture. Barely matte.

I bought some 70 grit AO today but was afraid to use it on my friend's gun because it's not mine, was afraid to experiment with it and his and his 2 son's guns are the only thing I have going right at the moment.

I also bought some black diamond medium and fine. It was only $9 for 50 lbs each. Will give that a shot too, when I have something to play with. Maybe next week. Will post when I do.

I'll say this, for applying Gun Kote or Duracoat, Harbor Freight has some VERY inexpensive disposable air brushes that work GREAT. Last summer I was messing around trying to use a good Badger air brush I had as a kid and I spent almost $100 on parts b/c they kept clogging and causing all kinds of grief. Then someone one here suggested these cheap Central Pneumatic airbrushes and I was elated. Could not believe how simple and effective they were. I run acetone thru it when done, but don't really worry about cleaning it b/c I bought 3 kits for about $10 each and they come with 5-6 little plastic jars. Heck, they aren't worth cleaning. If it clogs, throw the dang thing away and move on!