Well, I finally have an update that I can proudly post. Sent rifle back the second time and for a while I thought it was lost. Nothing from Savage and when I emailed answer was - we are still looking into it. Ok last week I get call from my FLL guy saying I have a package from Savage with your name on it. I leave work early so I can get it picked up. Well the letter that came with it as to what was done to rifles is vague but it states that they believe any problems I had in the past are now corrected. Ok, to cold to work today so off the only indoor range that will let me shoot it. Get checked in and set up. First group to reset scope. Used factory rounds the after getting everything the way I wanted it, shot 5 more - nice tight group and no splits or sticking. Switched to handloads (running same FPS as factory), and ran 5 more - tighter grouping and still no problems. I settled down and ran 20 rounds though it without any hickups. As it stands now I am back on the praise Savage wagon. I placed a call to the guy I last talked to there and he will return call after his lunch break, or at least that is what I was told. I just need to find out what they did, so far its seems they did a very good job. Wife thinks I'm nuts but who can argue with a wife? Been cleaning it and talking to it I suppose - that's what the claim is anyway. Will report back when I know more, but at ting time I am a Happy Camper.