Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I am sure you could, that doesn't make the statement any less true. Just a room full of people shooting farther than they should. I do take more than one round out because things do happen. I just try to minimize my misses instead of planning on missing.

If you want to hunt that way then have at it, it's your choice. I'm not against long range hunting by any means, just against those that are doing it when they are shooting beyond their abilities.
So im gathering here that the people i know who would be present in the room would be people over their heads with what their trying to do.
And anything they can get to help them like this scope for example, would be a big plus.
Whereas someone more ethicle would be expecting at least an 80% hit on the first round. Unless of coarse something unexpected happened causing a miss.
So in the event something unexpected did happen causing a miss, how many more bullets would an ethicle person like yourself be willing to shoot before you
might become an unethicle person say like me? And what makes you think id be satisfied with your 80% figure in the first place? Is a sighter shot a planned miss?
I think if were going to be discussing the ethics of shooting at animals at long distances, we need to be adressing the whole topic and not just
the segment that touches your hot button like how well a person can shoot assuming nothing happens.