Wow. I am with Jamie on this one. In fact, I gotta think expecting 80% hits is pretty generous. I would think/hope an ethical hunter has a better expectation of success than even that before he pulls the trigger. Just b/c stuff happens on occasion that can ruin a good shot (an unseen twig or gust of wind or something) doesn't mean I should take a shot that I don't believe is, barring the unknown, a 100% kill shot.

Before I injured my shoulder and elbow, I was a dang good "long range" target archer... could generally put 80% of my arrows into a 4 inch circle at 90 meters (99 yards), but I still passed on a broadside shot at the biggest buck I've ever seen (or anyone else in our camp of over 20 years) this past fall because, though he was standing in an open rye field, completely unaware of my presence, I did not know for sure if he was 55 or 60 yards out. At that distance, it makes a big difference. I let him walk. I know I would have made the shot had I known the range, and I was 80% sure it wasn't 60 yards, but that wasn't good enough.

JMHO, of course.