Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Really the only reason to go Creedmoor over the 260 is to run AICS pattern magazines due to the reduction in COAL required to use the long heavy or VLD type bullets. Other than that there is very little difference.
This exactly what I am interested in learning.

What are the maximum COAL values for the Model 12 LRP in both the .260 Rem and the 6.5 CM?

I am not a reloader at least as of now, so I am a little less than informed on these specifications and where to find them. I have read exactly what LW just posted that the only advantage to the CM is to be able to seat the longer VLD bullets a bit to a longer COAL. However I don not know enough about the project that I am attempting to configure to realize if what LW states regarding the AICS mags is a limitation in the factory configuration of the LRP.

So here is another question. Does the LRP in 6.5 CM come with the AICS mags factory configured?
And - If not then isn't the same COAL mag restriction limitation applicable to both the .260 Rem and the 6.5 CM LRP?
And - If they both use the same Savage mag and both have the same would it be possible to configure the AICS bottom metal pattern on a new stock to allow for a longer AICS mag to feed either the .260 Rem of the 6.5 CM?
Or do we then get into a chamber specification limitation on the .260 Rem that would not allow for the use of the AICS mag?

I know that I am trying to swim upstream and that buying the LRP just to get the action and the ability to utilize the DBM magazine feed is a very indirect route to take to get to my goal. The stated goal is to have the Model 12 LRP action and DBM capability in a 22-24in light varmint contour profile barrel with a quality hunters Monte Carlo style stock and try to keep it as close to or under 9lbs w/o scope or full magazine. So I wish to reap the benefits of either of these cartridges when shooting groups at longer ranges and still be able to carry it hunting.

Thanks again for these postings that are helping me to better understand if I can get to where I want to be.