First of all, I am not promoting anything here. This business popped up nearby and after reading about it in a local newspaper, I did some investigating.

If you go on youtube and do some searching, there is a lot out there already on this technology. Basically, once you "tag" the target, the scope performs a firing solution. You then pull the trigger and hold it. As you move the aim point around, it will fire automatically when it is pointed in exactly the right position. The target can be moving up to 25 mph and still be hit.

What I found interesting is that you can don a pair of video glasses linked to this technology and see what the scope is seeing, while looking in a totally different direction. You could for instance, hold the gun around the corner of a building while keeping your body's core protected, find a target, tag it, fire the shot while only exposing your hands to return fire and while capturing everything on video and upload it onto the net.

These weapon systems probably do rely on special ammunition available only at the factory, for now. IMHO, that situation usually changes quickly.