Winchester 70, Remington 700, Ruger 77, Sako Forrester, Tikka, Steyr Mannlicher, Savage Bolts, and more all do things to make one of us love them for what they are and do.

The bolts in free floating with or without pillar bedding along with the glass beds and such I can make a remark about.

1. It doesn't matter whether hammer forged or button rifled a barrel with care taken to make it will outshoot the best match rifle in the hands of two claiming to be better shooters.
2. Free float is for the most part the hardest to perfect for any rifle. If you free float be prepared for disappointment.
3. Forward Remington 700 BDL or ADL woodstock pressure ahead of the rear sights never did any harm to any 700 Rem I owned and reloaded for. There is no such thing as an inaccurate Remington 700. Save the Safety Story for the ones who had problems with Remington safeties opposed to Winchester or Ruger or any. To me the Rem 700 Safety operated fine from 1974 to present. I have the new 700s in Rem as well with the new trigger recall but I did not send a single one of them back to postage and some scare. They work fine all of them.
4. Glass Bedding: I have it in my M1-A Supermatch 7.62 N.A.T.O. 147gr FMJ Winchester White Box ammunition to last me the rest of my life. It is perfect in the M-14 type like this with a GLASS BED. However, in the past I have had many glass beds making me feel they are a waste of time unless you just bed the main instock areas like the recoil lug and whatever else to make sure the barrel doesn't rotate in the stock (Rem 700s can).
5. Rifling. I used to think the bore was the heart of a rifle and if I saw a ding in it I felt it was violated from shooting straight. Wrong.

I have a .32-20 W.C.F. (made in 1890) 1873 Winchester that shoots to date straighter and harder than any .22 rimfire rifle in .22 Short to LR and also .22 WMR:

(very top lever = made in 1890, Winchester 1873 32-20 W.C.F) with essentially perfect bore)

Since the 1873 Winchester in .32-32 WCF is more accurate than my lever action .22 rimfires and magnum rimfires I figure I can admit a lever like this is about all the accuracy I'd want.
The rest is temperature, heartbeat, altitude, wind, elevation, etc that has to be figured no matter what you use.