Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
Great feedback sharpshooter. Tonight I purchased a Lucas product to see if it would help clean 260 barrel I suspected of having some hard carbon. If it doesn't work I may try the merc stuff. cant hurt.
ive heard...but havent tried...sea foam works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
If you are going to shoot coated bullets with moly,danzac or hbn, you want to make **** sure that the barrel is absolutely sterile clean before shooting coated bullets. If you have some hard carbon present, it will do bad things in a hurry. I found out the hard way.
i dont have a bore scope but will make sure that patches are spotless after scrubbing for carbon/soot and copper with bronze brushes and bore foaming. then a little scrubbing with a nylon brush and alcohol to get the cleaners out and then 5 to 10 alcohol soaked patches to make sure its clean and to dry it up a little...i just cleaned to metal about 120 rounds ago so it shouldnt be to bad as the barrel has never really collected much of either.
if you dont mind can you tell me what you learned the hard way so if i run into any issues ill know what to watch for?