Thread: nosler 260 remington brass review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LongRange
    thanks Steel,i figure its best to fire form first to straighten out the case and then do all prep work. ive uniformed primer pockets on virgin brass before and then checked again after fire forming and ended up milling another 0.005 or so out on most of the cases.

so i turned about 60 cases last night and they came out a lot better than the first cases i turned...not that the first cases were bad they were just a little rough. i also came up with a much easier way to set the cut into the shoulder with the K&M tool...instead of setting the cutter and pilot and turning a case hoping the cut into the shoulder was good i backed the cutter off until it was just barely touching the neck at the shoulder/neck junction and locked the set screw on the pilot.i then backed the case off the pilot and adjusted the cutter in until it was just barely touching the neck at the neck/mouth junction and then turned a case and the cut in the shoulder(IMO)was perfect.
    i also fed the case VERY slow into the cutter and put a little imperial wax on the pilot with every case instead of every other case so everything went very smooth.
    the cutter blade is easy to adjust on the K&M tool and is very precise but the pilot is kind of a PITA but after adjusting the pilot like i did last night its a lot easier.
    i set the cutter to just clean these necks up at .005 and you can see that with only taking that off the neck it turned about 90% of most of the necks...also you can see at the neck/shoulder junction a real shinny gold ring that was where the doughnut was as the expander pushed it out which was also a lot easier to expand the entire neck and trim the doughnut from the outside than it was to stop the expander short of the doughnut and ream it out.

Last edited by LongRange; 01-15-2015 at 11:11 AM.