I see a trend here….I should become a spokesperson for an insurance company…..wait, no…..OK. I get it now

I'll throw out my bronze brushes and get a set of nylon, and try some foaming cleaners per you's guys suggestion. THANKS!

I had no idea that removing and replacing my action in the stock would throw off the Zero, but that explains why that is exactly what I am experiencing at each shooting session and cleaning cycle. (smack to forehead)

When I disassembled it yesterday after a day at the range, I paid particular attention to witness marks on the barrel and stock. I find that the barrel is only making contact with the pillars in a pencil thin area. The pillars are not machined with a radius to match the barrel contour. And there are marks on the stock that suggest uneven support. Looks like I'll be getting some experience with DIY bedding. I also found torque specs on the Savage website (35 in.Lbs). I'll sell/trade one to get an inch pound wrench. Anyone want to trade for a Snap On Propeller Nut Torque wrench?